From: Grant Grundler (grundler_at_parisc-linux.org)
Date: Thu 18 Dec 2003 - 19:55:35 GMT

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 05:28:09PM +0100, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> personally, I believe that the whole syscall number
> allocation per architecture is broken by design,

No it's definitely not.
Binary compatibility with other OS's is an arch specific problem.

In our case, any chance of support for HPUX would
require reserving HPUX syscall numbers and provide
appropriate wrappers in the kernel to support it.

And I don't see why the value of a syscall matters.
Just use the right header files and it should work on any arch.

grant