From: John Francis Lee (jfl_at_robinlea.com)
Date: Tue 23 Dec 2003 - 02:20:47 GMT

Hello,

I had to abort the installation of my first vserver because rpm hung
trying to install the rpms.

Now I have tried to delete the vserver directory and start over, but am
unable to do so :

[root_at_vs0 vservers]# pwd
/vservers
[root_at_vs0 vservers]# ls
lost+found vs01
[root_at_vs0 vservers]# rm -rf vs01
rm: cannot chdir from `vs01/dev/pts/.' to `0': Not a directory
rm: cannot chdir from `vs01/dev/pts/.' to `1': Not a directory
rm: cannot chdir from `vs01/proc/.' to `ixj': Not a directory
rm: cannot chdir from `vs01/proc/scsi/ide-scsi/.' to `0': Not a
directory
rm: cannot chdir from `vs01/proc/scsi/.' to `scsi': Not a directory
rm: cannot chdir from `vs01/proc/.' to `pci': Not a directory
rm: cannot chdir from `vs01/proc/ide/.' to `via': Not a directory
rm: cannot chdir from `vs01/proc/ide/.' to `drivers': Not a directory
rm: `vs01/proc/ide/hdc/.' changed dev/ino: Operation not permitted

I tried :

[root_at_vs0 vservers]# vserver vs01 exec rm -rf /vservers/vs01
ipv4root is now 10.0.0.17
Host name is now vs01.kic.muangchiangrai.net
New security context is 49152
Can't execute rm (No such file or directory)

It looks like I'm going to have to create the vservers by hand since
newvserver fails.

Where can I find the procedure for doing so, after I discover how to rid
my machine of the corpse of this aborted installation?

Thanks for all your help.

--
John Francis Lee <jfl_at_robinlea.com>