From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Tue 23 Dec 2003 - 02:41:03 GMT

On 23 Dec 2003, John Francis Lee wrote:
> Now I have tried to delete the vserver directory and start over, but am
> unable to do so :
>
> rm: cannot chdir from `vs01/dev/pts/.' to `0': Not a directory
> rm: cannot chdir from `vs01/proc/.' to `ixj': Not a directory

If you do:

  host:~# mount | grep vs01

in the host server, you'll notice theses to filesystems are mounted and
therefore in use. If you do either of:

  host:~# vserver vs01 stop [automatic]

  host:~# cd ; umount /vservers/vs01{/dev/pts,/proc} [manual]

then you should have no problem deleting the directories (mount
points) that filesystems are mounted on. You will need to issue `stop'
anyway to kill all the processes in that context anyway.

Hope that helps,

        -Paul

--
War is inconsistent with Truth.  London, GB