From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Tue 06 Jan 2004 - 17:54:10 GMT

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> Thanks. I did a little more research and was getting the smae errors
> (just haven't ahd time to report my findings.) This is on ctx17 system
> though.
>
> As some background and and upon reflection I think I might have forced a
> library update (using RPM) that was actually suppose to be in a vserver.
> I'll try to figure out which lib etc. today.

None of the above. It was a ssh (v_ssh?) issue. I placed the main
servers IP as the ListenAddress in /etc/sshd_config and followed it with
/etc/init.d/sshd restart. And now I can ping and dig (and therefore
assume smbmount, traceroute, etc. also.) Not sure how this will fly when
I reboot the system as /etc/init.d/sshd is run by v_sshd which in turn
calls vsysvwrapper. This looks for /etc/vservices/sshd.conf and not
finding it uses 127.0.0.1 as the IP. (Go figure why remote doesn't work
but console does. :-)

Looks like time to create the /etc/vservices directory and figure out what
goes in sshd.conf. I think I did this once but it looks like old-timers
desease got me and I never finished or returned to it.

So all in all it looks like the later vserver utilites (or at least
Jacques' version) need some tweaking after install/update. I've been much
too spoiled by 'install-and-run' setups. Time to get back to basics.

Cheers,
Rod