From: Christian Mayrhuber (christian.mayrhuber_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed 07 Jan 2004 - 12:41:45 GMT

Christian Mayrhuber wrote:

> Thats exactly the problem I have.
> The dns setup is right. It happens from the root server (ctx 0), too.
> But does not happen if I use a standard kernel with the same configuration.
> The remote mailserver is behind a netfilter firewall.

Some additional information:
The remote mailserver is behind a netfilter firewall and complains about
an invalid CRC in the TCP header, the CRC of the IP header is ok.
The CRC of the TCP header is ok when the packets are sent from a vserver
(this has been verified on a pix firewall) then those packets get routed
trough the net, reach the netfilter firewall and have a corrupt TCP CRC
  afterwards.
This may well be a bug in the netfilter code which is triggerd only by
packets of a vserver kernel.
The result is that on the SYN packet follows no ACK and the connection
times out.

--
lg, Chris