From: James MacLean (macleajb_at_ednet.ns.ca)
Date: Thu 08 Jan 2004 - 01:27:12 GMT

Hi again,

Also forgot to mention that the main server is still getting the hostname
of the vserver when the vserver starts.

Also it appears that my CUPS has stopped working properly since there is
now no localhost ;).

I was able to take down the main server twice using VLC... Not that it's
relavent, but thought I would mention it ;).

take care,
JES

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, James MacLean wrote:

> Hi Herbert,
>
> - For IPV4 the VServer IP seems to show up only in the VServer as
> expected. No other IPs, not even a localhost IP showing up.
> - For IPV6 I see other IPV6 IPs on other interfaces. Might have been there
> before but I did not notice :(. I am not using IPV6.
> - Attached output from a kernel trace.
> - As expected vservser-stat doesn't show the vsersers, but they are in
> /proc/self/vinfo and /proc/virtual/
> - I used to be able to go from a vserver IP through a openvpn tunnel to
> remote resources and appear as the vserver IP to the remote resources.
> Since 2.6.0 I always appear as my local TUN IP :(. Might be something I
> setup differently in netfilter.
>
> All for now :),
> JES
>
> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>

> > Hi Folks!
> >
> > a new (vs0.04) test release for 2.6 vserver is available
> > at http://www.13thfloor.at/vserver/e_patches/vs-26x/
> >
> > this one brings network support (I doubt it's complete
> > but it allowed me to start two vserver on an emulated
> > host, with apache and sshd each, retrieve the web page,
> > and login via ssh)
> >
> > as usual, static context ids are advised, and some tools
> > do not handle the 'new' proc interface yet, the following
> > one-liner might help a little there ...
> >
> > sed -i 's|CTX=`g.*$|CTX=`sed\ "/VxID/\ s/.*:\w*//"\ /proc/self/vinfo`|' /usr/lib/vserver/{save_s_context,vserverkillall}
> >
> > let me know, what works for you, and what doesn't
> >
> > TIA,
> > Herbert

James B. MacLean        macleajb_at_ednet.ns.ca
Department of Education
Nova Scotia, Canada
B3M 4B2