From: James MacLean (macleajb_at_ednet.ns.ca)
Date: Mon 05 Jan 2004 - 22:04:18 GMT

Hi Herbert,

- For IPV4 the VServer IP seems to show up only in the VServer as
expected. No other IPs, not even a localhost IP showing up.
- For IPV6 I see other IPV6 IPs on other interfaces. Might have been there
before but I did not notice :(. I am not using IPV6.
- Attached output from a kernel trace.
- As expected vservser-stat doesn't show the vsersers, but they are in
/proc/self/vinfo and /proc/virtual/
- I used to be able to go from a vserver IP through a openvpn tunnel to
remote resources and appear as the vserver IP to the remote resources.
Since 2.6.0 I always appear as my local TUN IP :(. Might be something I
setup differently in netfilter.

All for now :),
JES

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> Hi Folks!
>
> a new (vs0.04) test release for 2.6 vserver is available
> at http://www.13thfloor.at/vserver/e_patches/vs-26x/
>
> this one brings network support (I doubt it's complete
> but it allowed me to start two vserver on an emulated
> host, with apache and sshd each, retrieve the web page,
> and login via ssh)
>
> as usual, static context ids are advised, and some tools
> do not handle the 'new' proc interface yet, the following
> one-liner might help a little there ...
>
> sed -i 's|CTX=`g.*$|CTX=`sed\ "/VxID/\ s/.*:\w*//"\ /proc/self/vinfo`|' /usr/lib/vserver/{save_s_context,vserverkillall}
>
> let me know, what works for you, and what doesn't
>
> TIA,
> Herbert

James B. MacLean        macleajb_at_ednet.ns.ca
Department of Education
Nova Scotia, Canada
B3M 4B2