From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 13 Jan 2004 - 16:20:18 GMT

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 01:16:42PM +0100, Sebastian Schaefer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm trying to install vservers with the quota patches...
> (linux 2.4.24 vs1.23 and q0.12)
>
> but now when i mount my vserver partition with the option tagctx and try to
> start a vserver i get bash: /dev/null permission denied...
>
> removing the tagctx everything is ok...
>
> do u have any ideas?

you might download the folowing patch

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-e2fsprogs-1.34-cti0.01.diff.bz2

apply and build the e2fsprogs, this will give you
two new tools lsctx and chctx, which should
allow you to verify the xid (context number) of
the /dev/null in question ...

this might be a bug, q0.12 isn't tested with
vs1.23 (I'm surprised it applied without rejects)

> ps: do o have to run the cqdlim command after every reboot to set a per
> context quota?

yes, you have, but it's not called context quota,
it's called per context disk limits, context quota
is user/group quota 'within' a context ...