From: Alex Lyashkov (shadow_at_psoft.net)
Date: Fri 23 Jan 2004 - 22:42:12 GMT

On Saturday 24 January 2004 00:25, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> Hi Community!
>
> another quite big step in vserver evolution awaits
> your testing/approval ;)
>
> I had to get 1.3.6 out, before I start attacking the
> network and virtualization issues, and this seemed
> like a good time, so here it is:
>
> http://www.13thfloor.at/vserver/d_release/v1.3.6/
>
> what was done?
>
> * heavy restructuring (revolution part II)
> * memory accounting and resource limits
> * xfs iunlink support was added
> * finalized the next generation procfs
> * inode attribute/xid syscall command
> * uts and context name syscall commands
>
> you can download a all-in-one patche for 2.4.25-pre7
> or the tar archive of the broken out patches.
> (2.4.25 patches will be available when the kernel
> is released ;)
>
> it should work with older tools, but to utilize
> the latest and greatest features, enricos util-vserver
> 0.27.199 (or later) package is required ...
>
> if you want to aid in development, please test it
> (for best results, on production like scenarios)
> and provide some feedback ...
>
> enjoy,
> Herbert

At linux-vserver has bug with selected source address for outgoning packets.
It bug exist because not divided routed cache info per context.
routing informations about sending packets be stored in routing cache
(net/ipv4/route.c; /proc/net/rt_cache) and it`s info be used before any call
ip_route_output.
its can be tested simple:
1) assign to vps address from network other then host system.
2) send any packet from vps to any host in that network.
3) try to send packet from host system to selected host.
packet been have vps source address.

Simple fix for it - add context tag at rt_key structure. more correctly - full
separate it`s cache.

--
With best regards,
Alex