From: Dariush Pietrzak (eyck_at_ghost.anime.pl)
Date: Sat 28 Feb 2004 - 09:26:44 GMT

> hmm, I'd like to know what problems you ahve with the
> current approach, except for the fact, that it doesn't
> look nice to have eth0:XYZ instead of eth0?
 What about limit for eth0:XXX style aliases? I think this style
used to be limited to 256 ips, that's why Alex created new style
with iproute2 tool?

> - missing: ping doesn't work like on linux server xy
 I'd prefer installing non-root ping and traceroute tools.

--
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9
We're giving you a new chance in life, and an opportunity