From: Dan Keimatsu (keimatsu_at_music.ne.jp)
Date: Tue 11 May 2004 - 12:03:58 BST

To activate quota function within security context,
we refered to "http://www.13thfloor.at/old/VServer/HowTo_LVMQ.shtml",
and built our own system. As a result, testing command "quotacheck"
and "repquota" on the system works fine.

However, when we used "edquota" command to set quota for a user as a
root, the user could create a file which exceeds over quota.

At this time, the result of "repquota" was like this.

"user +- 2052 1024 1024 6days 7 0 0"

Also, the results of "quotaon" or " quotaoff" were below, and error
messages were returned.

#quotaoff /
quotaoff: quotactl on /dev/hdv1 [/]: No such device or address
quotaoff: quotactl on /dev/hdv1 [/]: No such device or address

#quotaon /
quotaoff: quotactl on /dev/hdv1 [/]: No such device or address
quotaoff: quotactl on /dev/hdv1 [/]: No such device or address

Could someone tell me how quota works right, please.

Thanks in advance.

---
Dan Keimatsu