From: Lucas Albers (admin_at_cs.montana.edu)
Date: Tue 08 Jun 2004 - 22:42:21 BST

Roderick A. Anderson said:

> This is a new for me. I know I'm pretty clueless on much of this stuff
> but I have never seen mention of a /etc/vservers/hosts file. What is it
> suppose to be for or how is it suppose to be used?
my bad its this file:
/vservers/vservername/etc/hosts
Its the hosts file in the vserver.
I encountered this little gotcha when I setup a new vserver with a 168.0.0.1
address then switched to a routable ip address.
apache keep trying to use the old 168.0.0.1 address and I couldn not
figure out why until I looked in /etc/hosts on the vserver apache was
running on and saw the old 168.0.0.1 entry.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering