From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Wed 09 Jun 2004 - 01:11:58 BST

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Lucas Albers wrote:

> my bad its this file:
> /vservers/vservername/etc/hosts
> Its the hosts file in the vserver.
> I encountered this little gotcha when I setup a new vserver with a 168.0.0.1
> address then switched to a routable ip address.
> apache keep trying to use the old 168.0.0.1 address and I couldn not
> figure out why until I looked in /etc/hosts on the vserver apache was
> running on and saw the old 168.0.0.1 entry.

Been there, done that, and bought many tee-shirts. I should have thought
of that when I replied but it has been awhile since I got tripped up with
this problem.

It seems that some of the new-vserver creation processes make that entry
and the vserver command doesn't change it. Not sure it should be a
vserver problem though.

Rod