From: Thomas Gelf (vserver_at_gelf.net)
Date: Wed 18 Aug 2004 - 07:22:43 BST

hmmm... just for fun yesterday we tested squid (from debian sarge) in
a vserver - squid was running "out-of-the-box", even with squidguard
there was no problem. we are using kernel 2.6.7 with vs1.9.2-rc10 and
we didn't grant any extra privilege to this vserver.

inside a vserver you can bind to 0.0.0.0 without any problem, you
should only care about ip addresses at the host side. if your vserver
is configured right and already running other (working) services and
your host doesn't use ports needed by squid in your vserver your
problem is probably squid-related - no error in the logs?

cheers
thomas