From: Charles Baker (charles.baker_at_datastream.net)
Date: Tue 19 Oct 2004 - 22:15:18 BST

I'm using some vservers on RedHat 7.3 w/ kernel 2.4.24-vs1.26. I'm
running apache and jboss on the vservers. I've been patching our custom
ears, jars etc. Now all of a sudden the /dev/null devices on two of the
vservers are showing up as rw-r--r-- instead of crw-rw-rw- . I noticed
this when switching to a non-root user and bash reports:

bash: /dev/null: Permission denied

And when I try to start jboss I get:

run.sh: /dev/null: Permission denied

jboss never starts. Any ideas before I go monkeying around and try to
recreate the device. Can I even recreate a device in a vserver?

----
Charles H. Baker
O: 864.422.5349 C: 864.201.8456
charles.baker_at_datastream.net
Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and
enthusiastically act upon must inevitably come to pass! -- Paul J. Meyer