From: Dion Vansevenant (dion_at_smallersolutions.ca)
Date: Wed 27 Oct 2004 - 15:46:22 BST

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 08:58, Allen Parker wrote:

> When our machine goes live, I will be submitting a page to the Wiki
> and mirroring the documentation on my personal site at
> http://hardcore-linux.net/vserver (which isn't available yet) directly
> related to the setup and use of linux-vserver hosts and guests in a
> gentoo or mixed gentoo/other environment.

That sounds wonderful! I've tried to get a gentoo-based vserver setup
going, with a bit of wiki-digging and irc questions and some other help,
but to no avail, so I back-burnered the project for the time being.
Looking forward to seeing your documentation.

> Hopefully, at some point in the future, this development work will
> result in a python application capable of being executed in a fresh
> gentoo stage install that will "fix" any incompatabilities and perhaps
> even a full gentoo-supported profile for use inside linux-vserver.

Yay! I couldn't code my way out of a paper bag, but I'd be willing to
try testing.

> I just wanted to bring everyone up to date on my actions in attempt of
> getting Gentoo Linux to officially support linux-vserver.

That would be great. An ebuild to handle the basic installation of a
vserver would be a beautiful, if that is the direction you are headed
with this.

> Thanks for your time,
> Allen Parker

No, Allen, thank you (and other vserver developers/helpers/contributors)
for *your* time.

--
Dion Vansevenant <dion_at_smallersolutions.ca>
Smaller Solutions