From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy (grisha_at_ispol.com)
Date: Mon 01 Nov 2004 - 17:21:47 GMT

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Justin Fielding wrote:

> Unfortunaly I had to use plesk as it was part of the VPS package. I could
> not find a comparable Vserver host for the same kind of money. I get 15GB
> of space, 256MB dedicated ram etc etc for $40. Vserver setups seem to give
> less for more money, some jokers even try and charge $100 for a Vserver with
> 5GB of disk space etc,

<shameless plug>

At OpenHosting.com we charge $29.95 for VServer accounts - no limit on RAM
(at least for now) and 3G of space, and the slew of RPM's that is already
installed doesn't count against the space (unless you start upgrading
them). Sorry, no Plesk though ;-)

</shameless plug>

> but you can get yourself a dedicated server for that!

Not with SMP, redundant power supplies and SCSI hardware RAID. "Cheap
dedicated servers" are completely worthless IMHO, too bad most people
don't understand it.

Grisha