From: vs-technik (vs-technik_at_s-online.at)
Date: Mon 01 Nov 2004 - 17:38:51 GMT

>> Unfortunaly I had to use plesk as it was part of the VPS package. I could
>> not find a comparable Vserver host for the same kind of money. I get 15GB
>> of space, 256MB dedicated ram etc etc for $40. Vserver setups seem to give
>> less for more money, some jokers even try and charge $100 for a Vserver with
>> 5GB of disk space etc,

GGT> <shameless plug>
[..]
GGT> </shameless plug>

no comment.

>> but you can get yourself a dedicated server for that!

GGT> Not with SMP, redundant power supplies and SCSI hardware RAID. "Cheap
GGT> dedicated servers" are completely worthless IMHO, too bad most people
GGT> don't understand it.

oh no!
this is (only) a "faith-question".

we use (for all hosting-solutions) _cheap_ servers without raid and without scsi.
but every! vserver will "rsynced" to a second server
and will work as a hotstandby-fail-over-system.

(and this is ( in a managed version ) _over_ $100. )

but now i am off-topic.
sorry.

lg.
k.