From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Mon 27 Dec 2004 - 22:02:15 GMT

kk_at_verfaction.de (Kilian Krause) writes:

>> Please do not install 'util-vserver-vars' into /etc.
> Yet the option to allow a relocation of the default vserver rootdir
> would be highly appreciated. (and IMHO broken if not availble at all)

The default vserver rootdir is determined by the '--with-vrootdir'
configure option. But this is used at very few places only.

Root-directory of existing vservers is /etc/vservers/.../vdir and the
location for newly created vservers is based on
/etc/vservers/.defaults/vdirbase.

>> Support for 3rd party language bindings were the main idea behind an
>> libvserver library. Dunno, if there is much interest in such ones but I
>> do not see reasons not to ship the -devel files.
>
> Has so far only _one_ app been coded outside the util-vserver domain?

Yes, vserver-djinni ([1]) ;)

>> Where is the problem? The corresponding clean-rule is autogenerated
>> by autoconf and the file can be recreated by './configure' resp.
>> './config.status'.
>
> The point is you don't delete files you ship in the release tarball.
> Thus if the spec is included in the official tarball the clean shouldn't
> remove it.

Sorry, I do not know how to change this. This file is added by automake
to the $(CONFIG_CLEAN_FILES). After automake.info, I am doing the right
thing:

| * If `configure' built it, then `distclean' should delete it.

Enrico

Footnotes:
[1] http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~ensc/fedora.us-build/files/