From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 06 Jan 2005 - 23:41:04 GMT

... depends on you! ;)

Greetings Community!

don't be alarmed, we are not going to wipe out
the stable 1.2x branch now (we rather let it die
in piece, eventually) but we have reached a point
where the spiffy nomenclature we (I?) came up with
reaches it's limits ...

... so we have to decide what should be released
after 1.29 ... the obvious options are:

 * 1.2YY (e.g. 1.210)
 * 1.2.Y (e.g. 1.2.10)
 * 1.2Y (e.g. 1.2A)
 * 1.2-z (e.g. 1.2-final1)

funny but (maybe) problematic names would be:

 * 1.30
 * 1.29.1

so please let me know if you find any of those
appealing or disgusting and let me know if you
have a better idea ... but do it soon, as a (minor)
bugfix is on it's way ...

also feel free to let me know what you want us to
do with the stable 2.4 branch in the future ...
(currently it's in deep freeze, bug fix mode)

TIA,