From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Wed 19 Jan 2005 - 21:27:40 GMT

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:54:02 -0500, Roderick A. Anderson wrote
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Eric Jorgensen wrote:

> > I've now been looking to make a switch for my host OS.
> > I was less than impressed with Fedora Core 1 and 2,
> > but have been quite pleased with Fedora Core 3, at
> > least on the desktop.
>
> Jacques did a pretty good promo for Vserver on the linuxconf list and I
> got the impression from it he has at least one Vserver running FC3. I
> was going to ask him about the steps he uses to build the the FC3 vserver
> kernel -- plus a few other questions -- hopefully today. When I hear back
> I'll let you know ... well actually I think he might lurk here a bit.

We have few FC3 here using 2.6.9vs1.9.3. No tricks in the kernel.
Some are opteron systems (64 bits) and runs 32 vservers all fine.

I have also FC3 vservers running inside rh9 (using 2.4 or 2.6 kernels).

There is no particular steps. I can supply the kernel config file if you want.