From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Wed 19 Jan 2005 - 19:54:23 GMT

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Eric Jorgensen wrote:

> This thread actually brings up a good question I've
> been meaning to ask. I've set of several vserver
> machines with several dozen guests, all on a RH9 base:
>
> kernel-2.4.22ctx-17c

WOW. One older than my oldest!

> kernel-2.4.25-vs1.26
> kernel-2.4.26-vs1.28smp
>
> I've now been looking to make a switch for my host OS.
> I was less than impressed with Fedora Core 1 and 2,
> but have been quite pleased with Fedora Core 3, at
> least on the desktop.

Jacques did a pretty good promo for Vserver on the linuxconf list and I
got the impression from it he has at least one Vserver running FC3. I
was going to ask him about the steps he uses to build the the FC3 vserver
kernel -- plus a few other questions -- hopefully today. When I hear back
I'll let you know ... well actually I think he might lurk here a bit.

> And since it does have a 2.6
> series kernel, I'm contemplating switching to it. But
> I'd rather wait for the platform to completely stable
> before moving. I'd rather not be changing/upgrading
> every week. I'd also like to transparently move my
> existing vserver guests. I am RH/Fedora leaning.
> Where are others going with their 2.6 installations,
> especially those wanting to be on the "trailing" edge?

Me too! I want to know.

Rod