From: Eric Jorgensen (jorgy_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed 19 Jan 2005 - 18:11:06 GMT

This thread actually brings up a good question I've
been meaning to ask. I've set of several vserver
machines with several dozen guests, all on a RH9 base:

kernel-2.4.22ctx-17c
kernel-2.4.25-vs1.26
kernel-2.4.26-vs1.28smp

I've now been looking to make a switch for my host OS.
 I was less than impressed with Fedora Core 1 and 2,
but have been quite pleased with Fedora Core 3, at
least on the desktop. And since it does have a 2.6
series kernel, I'm contemplating switching to it. But
I'd rather wait for the platform to completely stable
before moving. I'd rather not be changing/upgrading
every week. I'd also like to transparently move my
existing vserver guests. I am RH/Fedora leaning.
Where are others going with their 2.6 installations,
especially those wanting to be on the "trailing" edge?

Thanks,

Eric