From: Frank (yehat_at_gmx.de)
Date: Tue 25 Jan 2005 - 10:47:10 GMT

Hello,

i am planning to patch a new kernel for my server based on 2.4.29.
As far as I remember, the 1.3.x branch has not been updated for quite
a while. Is it currently recommended to use the 1.3.9 branch, or
should I better stick to the stable 1.2.x branch?

I can remember that Herbert stated that he would like to release a
final 1.4 sometime last year - Because that did not happen yet, I am
wondering what the current plans are (well, I guess you are just too
busy with 1.9.x at the moment...)?

To be honest, I would love to see NGNet integrated, too - but I admit
that this wish is not realistic, because it might be too much work.
Still, I would like the 2.4-kernel to be supported longer, because
I think this will be the preferred stable branch for some conservative
setups...

Nevertheless, this is a nice project and fun to play with :-)
  Frank