From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_sigma-chemnitz.de)
Date: Mon 31 Jan 2005 - 23:14:40 GMT

herbert_at_13thfloor.at (Herbert Poetzl) writes:

> here is some other stuff to think about ;)
>
> http://linux-vserver.org/ToDo+List+Tools

| * make a 'clone' build method
|
| which allows to clone an existing vserver (with modified options)

I would like to have a generic CLI tool which modifies the
configuration, before I implement this method. 'vcopy' needs
testing also; especially for the not-link-but-copy and
skipped-files cases.

| * fix: /etc/vservers/vserver-name/ulimits
|
| This configuration will be honored for kernel 2.4 only. why?

Does this still make sense with vlimits? With 2.6 the host is
protected by 'vlimits' against excessive cpu/memory usage of
guests; the guests can limit their processes with 'ulimits' which
does not need configuration on the host.

| * rpm-list based build method

Ok; it is in CVS. But I do not think that this method makes
much sense in the age of apt, yum or smartpm (support is not
implemented yet).

| * config options change method (no rebuild or whatever)

???

Enrico