From: Bjoern Steinbrink (bjoern.steinbrink_at_isp4p.net)
Date: Fri 11 Feb 2005 - 16:53:08 GMT

On 2005.02.11 17:05:19 +0100, Jean Christophe wrote:
> Jean Christophe a écrit :
> >Bjoern Steinbrink a écrit :

> >>Any specific problems with the non-legacy build methods?
> >>
> >Didn't try !!!
> >You did get some peace from me ;-)
> >I try now !
> >Cheers
> >Jean Christophe
>
> from help:
>
> legacy : try but could not komme in

Known problem with 1.9.3

> copy : can not use it need a config scheme
>
> apt-rpm: I got this: Root-directory '/vservers' does not exist or is invalid
> I make : mkdir /vservers and chmod 000 vservers/
> I got this: pkgcfgbase-dir '/vservers/.pkg' does not exists or is invalid
> I make: touch /vservers/.pkg
> I got: pkgcfgbase-dir '/vservers/.pkg' does not exists or is invalid
> This method is for redhat.

It says 'pkgcfgbase-dir', mkdir would be better than touch...

> skeleton : don't really know how to use it

This just creates a configuration and a directory for the vserver. Use
this if you got some chroot/system/template and put the vserver's
contents into the created directory.

> deboostrap: sounds really good, but I don't know what a deboostrap is
> (means), and I am not sure that I can use it. and it's said that it is
> just for debian !

Debootstrap is a program that creates a basic debian-system in a chosen
directory, it is used by the tools to create a vserver based on a debian.

There's no from-scratch build method for Mandrake (yet?). And i don't
know much about mandrake, so i can't help there in too many ways. I
guess the easiest way is to find someone who got a mandrake vserver
template, creating a vserver skeleton and putting the template in place.

HTH
Bjoern