From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy (grisha_at_ispol.com)
Date: Mon 21 Feb 2005 - 22:58:01 GMT

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> sure, as this is a new concept (basically the linux-vserver
> developers are all working for fun in their spare time) so
> nobody has really thought about that yet (input appreciated)

What I've seen work great in the past is if you establish a target amount,
i.e. "this much will keep us going for the next 6 months", then run a
capmain to reach it with a running total on a webpage. Don't be timid,
post to /. :-) . Usually you'll get more than what you asked for.

This is a great example: http://people.freebsd.org/~phk/funding.html

My (virtual) $.02

Grisha