From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Mon 28 Mar 2005 - 13:49:34 BST

psg_at_cooldog.com ("Paul S. Gumerman") writes:

> Ran "vserver fc3-reference hashify", which ran ok with one message
> (sorry, can't recall it now).

The exact message would be helpful perhaps.

> Then tried "vserver loco-reference hashify" which failed with a
> message saying "vserver ... suexec is support for running vserver
> only; aborting ..." *BTW, that should read "supported".*

Thx, speling has been fixed.

When this message appears, 'vhashify' stopped at a very early stage
without modifying any file.

> I tried to start loco-reference, but got the message "an error
> occurred .... very likely that initscript faild ...." with no other
> details regarding just what had failed. When I started it again, I did
> get the message that lines 1 and 3 in the fstab had failed because the
> fs's were already mounted, so it did get that far, at least.
>
> I also found that I could no longer stop any of the running vservers.
> The message was ".... still running unexpectedly. Please investigate
> it manually."
>
> Running vserver-stat results in a Segmentaion fault.

Tracking this segfault would be helpfully. Do you see kernel messages
(oops) there? Else, possible ways to trace it are:

* chcontext --xid 1 strace vserver-stat
* chcontext --xid 1 gdb vserver-stat --> r + bt
  (perhaps compiling tools with 'CFLAGS="-O0 -g3" ./configure ...')

> Also, this might be a hint: if I try running vtop (as root) I get
> "chcontext: execvp: ("top") Permission denied"

mmh... is SELinux enabled?

Enrico