From: Nicolas Costes (nicolas.costes_at_iut-laroche.univ-nantes.fr)
Date: Tue 12 Apr 2005 - 10:55:55 BST

Le Lundi 4 Avril 2005 17:40, Herbert Poetzl a écrit :
> sounds more like a simple permission issue to me ...
> check that the directory your samba wants to write to
> really exist and have proper permission ...
> (you can probably trace that with strace -fF)

Well, I took time, and I still haven't got the answer...
It seem not to be a permission issue, I double checked all... And the
drivers are alway copied in the good directory (PRINT$/W32X86/...).

It only fail _after_ that, but Samba's logs give me nothing I can link to
this issue. I tried the strace method, I got a 187 Mb log (!), and
parsing it to find an answer is... Well, needle in a stack.

Imagining this is Vserver related, for example a capabilities problem,
which Vserver tool can I use to track the problem when it occurs ?

I installed yesterday another Samba print server, with point-and-print
driver installation, on a non-Vserver machine, and it worked...

--
  ,,
 (°>   Nicolas Costes