From: Gilles (gilles_at_harfang.homelinux.org)
Date: Sat 23 Apr 2005 - 00:01:35 BST

Hello.

I'm trying to install a package in a Debian vserver,
but the configuration script ends with

 kill -s HUP 1

(because the package modifies "/etc/inittab").
Hence the script aborts, and the package management
system marks the package as "Not fully installed".

Is there a way to make that installation script happy;
I mean: not doing anything on the host but nevertheless
returning "success" from the above command?

I've read something about "fakeinit", which sounds like
that should be it, but although I've added a "flags" file
in "/etc/vservers/<name>" containing that word, it didn't
change the script's behaviour.

How can I achieve that result?

Thanks.
Gilles