From: Björn Steinbrink (B.Steinbrink_at_gmx.de)
Date: Tue 26 Apr 2005 - 11:18:15 BST

On 2005.04.26 12:02:11 +0200, Gilles wrote:
> Hi.
>
> > You have to specify --initstyle plain when building the vserver or have
> > /etc/vservers/<vserver>/apps/init/style contain "plain".
>
> Thanks, that's the piece I was missing. So it worked, *once* :-{
> After that on the next trials to start the vserver:
>
> # vserver phony start
> vcontext: vc_create_context(): File exists

Take a look at vserver-stat output. The init process is still running.
Somewhere between 1.9.5 and 2.0pre1 we enhanced the fakeinit support.
This included session group virtualization, but also init protection,
i.e. you can't get rid of init without kernel support. What you need to
do is sending the kill signal via vkill:
        vkill --xid <xid> -s 9 -- 1
The tools don't do that yet, thus init will keep running. Sorry that I
didn't think of that when writing my last mail.

HTH
Björn