From: Christian Heim (christian.th.heim_at_gmx.de)
Date: Mon 02 May 2005 - 16:38:28 BST

On Monday 02 May 2005 10:35, Werner Schalk ( WS )wrote:
>Hi,
>
>fantastic deleting everything in /vservers/test321/var/lib/init.d/* did
> work. Great and thanks again. Just one small thing. When I start my new
> vserver I get the following error message:
>
># vserver test321 start
> * Caching service dependencies...
> * Setting DNS domainname to network.local... [ ok ]
> * Starting syslog-ng... [ ok ]
>Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console
> * Error loading key mappings
>/sbin/rc: line 250: rc_splash: command not found
>[ !! ]
>
>[ ... ]
>
>The vserver itself is up and running but this minor problem still exists.
> Has anyone ever seen this and if so, how to solve this?

Well you could try test321 root $ emerge -vp baselayout-vserver, which is a
minimized baselayout (all the above should be fixed)

Bene (or Hollow), the maintainer of vserver-sources and baselayout-vserver is
currently working on a vserver profile, which (once it works, currently it
doesn't) should catch this one.

--
It's amazing how many people you could be friends with if only they'd
make the first approach.