From: Thomas Gelf (vserver_at_gelf.net)
Date: Thu 05 May 2005 - 13:47:38 BST

Hi again!

Am Donnerstag, den 05.05.2005, 13:17 +0200 schrieb Gilles:
> > scripts/vserver_sarge is the same as scripts/sarge, our modifications
> > are:
> >
> > - remove some packages (don't ask me which ones, I don't remember -
> > probably the ppp* stuff and maybe something else, but that's not
> > so important - we could discuss them on the list, more eyes can
> > for sure find more "useless" packages)
> > - remove unused arch's
> > - call our cleanup script after "second_stage_install" like:
> >
> > install_debs () {
> > first_stage_install
> > second_stage_install
> > . /usr/lib/util-vserver/vserver-cleanup
> > }
>
> You provided the "vserver-cleanup" script but not the "vserver_sarge".
> Could you send it too?

ok, maybe I wasn't clear enough: debians debootstrap ships with
scripts like /usr/lib/debootstrap/scripts/sarge which are used
by debootstrap to install the right distribution. I did nothing
but take the original one and applied the changes above - that's
it ;-)

> [OT] I'm sorry that the whole script is not in Perl! :-}
> As Debian is perl-based, why not?

hehe - I would agree - but as all (most of) the other vserver scripts
are shell-based and I didn't really want to start a tool war by
rewriting everything from scratch going on with shell only seemed to
be more polite ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas

--