From: Christian Heim (christian.th.heim_at_gmx.de)
Date: Mon 27 Jun 2005 - 22:20:20 BST

On Monday 27 June 2005 22:48, Eric Jorgensen ( EJ )wrote:
>I know this isn't kernel compilation 101, but if
>someone has already figured out the steps, I'd rather
>not re-invent the wheel.
>
>Apparently, since FC4 uses gcc 4, the vanilla kernel
>does not compiled cleanly. I googled, and found
>patches to 2.6.11, however, I couldn't get them to
>complile cleanly. I also suspect that then the
>vserver patches will not apply correctly.

Why should they not apply correctly ?
The ones for 2.6.12 compiling (with some warnings about deprecated stuff and
uninitialized vars) cleanly. Will try the 2.6.11 ones also.

But thats just plain vanilla + vserver. Nothing else.

>So has anyone gone through the work of getting a FC4
>kernel patched with both the gcc 4 changes as well as
>vserver? Could this kind somebody mind sharing the
>patches with the list? :-)

I'll look into it, once I fought the battle against my desktop ;) (on getting
FC4 on it).

--
QOTD:
	"Like this rose, our love will wilt and die."