From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Wed 06 Jul 2005 - 23:17:29 BST

Tilo Kaltenecker wrote:
> how can I use an indepentend loopback-device (127.0.0.1/8) in a
> vserver (patch vs2.0-rc5).

You'll need to use NGN to do that. After extensive testing and
experimentation, I concluded that the GNU C libraries had it hardcoded
in too many places that localhost == 127.0.0.1.

It's like the current situation where you have only a single interface;
except more things than NTP fail, including things like SSH port
forwarding.

This means turning on the formidable "disable legacy network API"
option. Make sure you play around with it extensively on a development
system first.

Sam.