From: Martin (inkubus_at_interalpha.co.uk)
Date: Tue 12 Jul 2005 - 14:48:50 BST

> So, is it reasonable to do this, knowing that once done, it'll be locked
> for an entire year ? Are VS2.0 mature/stable enough ?
Depends what you mean by locked. In a year I would suspect a number of
user land security updates being needed, quite possibly kernel updates
as well. As long as you test it properly to start with I don't think
you'll find adding vservers will alter the stability as versus any
custom kernel. IMHO, no hard evidence.

> One last: Are there any important changes that may make 2.0 work
> differently than 1.9.3 ? Do I have to learn again all from the
> start ;-) ?
There are are some new features but AFAIK no major ones have been
removed so what worked before should work now.

Cheers,
 - Martin