From: Andreas John (lists_at_aj.net-lab.net)
Date: Fri 05 Aug 2005 - 20:57:32 BST

Hi!

Next time I will not hijack the thread anymore ... Well, you know I
tried to hide my trivialities inside foreign threads :) I promise!

But for now I stay within this one ...

> yep, as the name says /legacy/ the reboot now works
> with a kernel helper, so it is sufficient to change
> nothing at all, just call into the kernel (from the
> guest) and request a reboot (usually done by init
> or with reboot -f)

ah .... "-f" does the trick .... I think aliassing in bashrc will
prevent most questions.

But can't we make an /dev/initctl ? If yes, how?

foo:/dev# ./MAKEDEV initctl
./MAKEDEV: don't know how to make device "initctl"

rgds,
Andreas