From: Andreas John (lists_at_aj.net-lab.net)
Date: Sat 06 Aug 2005 - 16:57:30 BST

Dariush Pietrzak,,, wrote:
> Good luck to all!

Thanks!

Do I get it right, that there is no possibility to set per guest ulimits
in the conf of vs20? I only found the possibility to set a "ulimit" or
"nproc" flag in /etc/vservers/<foo>/flags, which is only for appying the
current (i.e. the hosts) ulimit to the guest. I guess there can only be
one ulimit in the (host) kernel, in our particular case for user "root",
so all guests share one common umlinit unless it set "nproc" in the flags?

---quote---
nproc
Limit the number of process in the vserver according to ulimit setting.
Normally, ulimit is a per user thing. With this flag, it becomes a per
vserver thing.

So, if I want to keep the guests umlimit reasonably low, I have to set
the ulimit for root low????

rgds,
Andreas