From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 08 Aug 2005 - 01:55:50 BST

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 02:23:44AM +0200, Andreas John wrote:
> Hello!
>
> >if you mean Disk Limits (i.e. total limit of diskspace
> >per partition a guest can use up) then they are implemented
>
> Yes, I meant disk limit per guest. You didn't mention how to. I cannot
> find it in the wiki / flower page ...

basically you want to look into vdlimit (tool)

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Linux2.6/index.php?page=Per+Context+Disk+Limits
http://www.linux-vserver.org/index.php?page=Quota+and+Disk+Limits
http://www.13thfloor.at/old/VServer/Concepts.shtml

> How to I tell vhost foo not to consume more than 2 GB Disk space?

depends, you can set current and limits for each
filesystem (superblock) the guest has available

> Can I also limit max number of inodes (so that one guets cannot DoS
> the Host by taking all inodes)

yes, values are current/max blocks/inodes and the
root reserve (not really useful yet)

> >in vs2.0, if you refer to Disk Quota (User and Group quota
> >per guest and partition) they are not implemented yet
> >(for vs2.0) but they work on separate partitions ...
>
> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Linux2.6/index.php?page=Per+Context+Quota
> -> (for 2.4.22 as Test for 2.6.x)

> Could you please elaborate on that? Does ist mean, it implementred in
> pre 2.0 versions as a proof of concept? Is it based on VFS or did you
> patch into ext?

it does not depend on ext per se, but it does depend
on a 'sane' quota implementation for the filesystem
in question ...

> (I told you on WTH I use reiser ;))

does it have quota support now?

> >it works reasonably fine with unified files, they are not
> >accounted to the guest space (and it requires context
> >tagging on the partition in question)
>
> So my customers are lucky: I can't charge for unified file space...
> argh... but not so important feature .... :-)

you can, and in near future we will support both modes
(basically with introduction of the COW)

> >HTH,
> It does....
glad to read that :)