From: Andreas John (lists_at_aj.net-lab.net)
Date: Fri 12 Aug 2005 - 01:59:40 BST

Hello!

I tried to build aplah tools on Debian Sid. I apt-ed libbeecrypt6
libbeecrypt6-dev, hoping to be able to build 'vhashify' of 208 plus
herbert's patches.

But make says:

checking for sys/capability.h... yes
checking beecrypt/beecrypt.h usability... yes
checking beecrypt/beecrypt.h presence... yes
checking for beecrypt/beecrypt.h... yes
checking for hashFunctionContextInit in -lbeecrypt... no
configure: WARNING:
****
**** 'beecrypt' could not be found;
**** this will disable the build of 'vhashify'
****
configure: creating ./config.status

Is there a need for a special libbeecrypt6? Do I need a special Version
of that lib ("hashFunctionContextInit in -lbeecrypt" sounds like
something special for contexts...)

rgds,
Andreas