From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Sat 13 Aug 2005 - 04:44:20 BST

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> it is missing on the repository/in the rpm list
> to get the guest installed from not on your host
> system ...

I was thinking this but it seemd strange that such an important package
would be missing. When I looked in the sources.list in
/etc/vservers/.distributions/fc3/apt/ I see what looks like all the sites
as being commented out. In fact they look _really_ broken in comparison
to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mirror-select.list file.

Is there a fairly easy method to build a guest using yum ( or straight rpm
) since I know they are working?

> where, and how did you get the rpms for your tests?

Built from the sources -- util-vserver-0.30.208.tar.bz2

As I was driving home this evening I realized I might have had some
artifacts from a previous install ( months ago -- that has sat around as I
waited the vs2 release and some time to work on the server ) that were
polluting the set up. I read in one of the threads that Enrico had made
this change already. More research to do.

Rod