From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sat 13 Aug 2005 - 01:51:40 BST

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 02:31:16PM -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> I'm still playing and have backed out the OpenVPS rpms to see what it
> takes to run vservers with vs2.0 and the util-vserver commands
>
> While trying to build a new guest I'm having problems.
>
> # vserver ref build -m apt-rpm --hostname=ref.tsmg.us --interface eth1:192.168.25.69/24 -- -d fc3
>
> Renamed '/vservers/ref' to '/vservers/ref.~1123881581~'
> Renamed '/usr/local/etc/vservers/ref' to
> '/usr/local/etc/vservers/ref.~1123881581~'
> Renamed '/vservers/.pkg/ref' to '/vservers/.pkg/ref.~1123881581~'
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Couldn't find package glibc
> rm -rf /vservers/ref /usr/local/etc/vservers/ref /vservers/.pkg/ref
>
> I've checked, updated, and re-updates to include glibc. Is there another
> package that goes by a similar name that I'm missing? Here is what I've
> got.

it is missing on the repository/in the rpm list
to get the guest installed from not on your host
system ...

> # rpm -qa | grep glibc
>
> glibc-common-2.3.5-0.fc3.1
> glibc-headers-2.3.5-0.fc3.1
> glibc-2.3.5-0.fc3.1
> glibc-devel-2.3.5-0.fc3.1
> glibc-kernheaders-2.4-9.1.87
>
> And one lst thing. How in the do I get util-vserver to use /etc/vservers
> instead lf /usr/local/etc/vservers?

usually that is specified with --prefix and other
path related options, for sure the mandrake rpms
I provide do place them in /etc and /vservers but
other distros might handle that differently ...

> I tried by modifying the spec file but that appears to no be working.
> Is there a switch I can use with rpmbuild?

maybe, usually this kind of information is hardcoded
into the distribution, but I doubt that your distro
places config files in //usr/local/etc so something
seems wrong ...

where, and how did you get the rpms for your tests?