From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sat 10 Sep 2005 - 18:00:44 BST

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 02:11:23PM +0200, Christopher Westerfield wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Chris!

please, next time, avoid thread hijacking, if possible :)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_Hijacking)

> is it possible to access a daemon on the hostsystem which
> has its socket inside a vserver?

depends on how you do it .. but basically you can
put a daemon on the host inside the network context
of a guest, which in turn would allow to reach it
quite fine ...

> For Example:

> an Update script is running on the host,
> which gets activated, when it's socket gets a write signal
> (I actualy don't know how I should describe it better).

yes, that should work, the ancient reboot system
was based on a pipe between host and guest, which
might be simpler alternative in your case ...