From: Matvey Gladkikh (matvey_at_skyme.ru)
Date: Wed 14 Sep 2005 - 12:51:43 BST

On 14/09/05 13:26 +0200, [eMAXX] Sys-Admin wrote:
> You're going to fast for me; as far as I can see, sid does not provide
> the 2.6.12 kernel-sources: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/allpackages
> Would this be ok as well:
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.12.4.tar.bz2 ?
>
> This is exactly where it goes wrong with me ... I think I miss some
> basic experience to make a sane decision in these cases (right now I
> think there is no important difference between the two sources).

If you need debian kernel with .config from debian team you should download
prepatched sources 2.6.12 from debian sid.

You allso can download kernel.org kernel 2.6.12
in this case you should install apt-get install kernel-patch (smth like that)
and patch kernel sources with cramfs patch
patch -p1 < /usr/src/debian-patches(or smth like
that)/blablabla/fs.cramfs.diff

this is for "make-kpkg --initrd kernel-image" to produce initrd image
correctly.

after that you should patch with vserver kernel diff.

configure and compile kernel.

if you need I can give mine kernel 2.6.12 for sarge with utils and sources.
or you can use those on linux-vserver site (derjohn's)

> Whichone will it be?
>
> Regards,
>
> Vincent Pluk
> eMAXX, Netherlands

С уважением,
Матвей Гладких
ООО "Скай-Медиа"
г. Москва, ул. Сущевский вал, 9, оф. 803
Тел./факс (095) 981-60-42