From: Chuck (chuck_at_sbbsnet.net)
Date: Wed 14 Sep 2005 - 20:00:55 BST

I just started my first vserver and it appears to work well however when I
issue the stop command I get a timeout error.

I can enter the vserver just fine and it appears to be working and I can ping
the outside world and the outside world can ping it ok. I have no services
set up in it yet so I have nothing to enter it directly from the outside yet.

I exit the vserver by using the halt command. Then I issue this command and
get this result:

davin / # vserver gentoo stop
A timeout occured while waiting for the vserver to finish and it was
killed by sending a SIGKILL signal. Please investigate the reasons
and/or increase the timeout in apps/vshelper/sync-timeout.

It does stop the verserver anyway. I checked that path and the only entry in
apps was vunify.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

--

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger, and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. " The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book