Re: [Vserver] what am i doing wrong with vserver exec?

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Tue 04 Oct 2005 - 15:05:26 BST

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 09:26 am, Stephen Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 08:20:46AM -0400, Chuck wrote:
> > I am trying to execute this function from a cron off the host and it isnt
> > working.
> >
> > /usr/sbin/vserver prometheus exec /bin/rm
> > -f /var/spool/qmailscan/quarantine/new/*
>
> What error are you getting? My guess would be that the wildcard is
> being expanded by the host before passing it to the guest. But that's
> just a guess :-)
>
> I would try
>
> /usr/sbin/vserver prometheus exec sh -c '/bin/rm
-f /var/spool/qmailscan/quarantine/new/*'

ok will try that for future knowlege..

> to force the wildcard expansion to take place in the guest.
>

> However, why not just use the host to remove the files?
> /bin/rm -f /vservers/prometheus/var/spool/qmailscan/quarantine/new/*

hehe i never thought of that. i had just finished doing a cron to run
qmail-queue within the guest and i just kept along on that train of thought..
much easier.. thanks!

> (or am I missing something basic to vservers that'll cause problems!!)
>
> --
>
> rgds
> Stephen

Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book