Re: [Vserver] what am i doing wrong with vserver exec?

From: Stephen Harris <lists_at_spuddy.org>
Date: Tue 04 Oct 2005 - 14:26:38 BST

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 08:20:46AM -0400, Chuck wrote:
> I am trying to execute this function from a cron off the host and it isnt
> working.
>
> /usr/sbin/vserver prometheus exec /bin/rm
> -f /var/spool/qmailscan/quarantine/new/*

What error are you getting? My guess would be that the wildcard is
being expanded by the host before passing it to the guest. But that's
just a guess :-)

I would try

  /usr/sbin/vserver prometheus exec sh -c '/bin/rm -f /var/spool/qmailscan/quarantine/new/*'

to force the wildcard expansion to take place in the guest.

However, why not just use the host to remove the files?
  /bin/rm -f /vservers/prometheus/var/spool/qmailscan/quarantine/new/*

(or am I missing something basic to vservers that'll cause problems!!)

--
rgds
Stephen