Re: [Vserver] VServer forum

From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs_at_datakompaniet.no>
Date: Thu 20 Oct 2005 - 09:02:39 BST

Evert wrote:
> Well, my main reasoning was that there is no VServer Forum yet... There
> is a mailing list, but with mailing lists it's much more difficult to
> reply nicely to postings when you don't have the original message
> anymore. The forum does not have this problem. Here all messages &
> postings can be replied to indefinitely.
>
> But I agree with you, and we leave it up to the community whether a
> VServer forum will be endorsed.

A _well-organized_, active forum would be nice. IMHO, one of the main
problems
(_the_ main problem?) with linux-vserver is the lack of good
documentation and support.

No offense... I mean, Herbert is doing a great job, but for
the average user, searching messages from old mailing list
postings, IRC logs and poorly styled/"incomplete" web pages (the flower
page being one example) is not the way to have it in the long run.

Tor Rune Skoglund
trs@datakompaniet.no