[Vserver] PPC build failure of util-vserver

From: Enrico Scholz <enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
Date: Mon 31 Oct 2005 - 19:34:06 GMT

Hello,

as you can see in

   http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-development-extras/349-util-vserver-0.30.209-2.fc5/ppc/build.log

two check of util-vserver 0.30.209 are failing on a PPC machine. AFAIR
same happened once for 0.30.208 but succeeded suddenly. Unfortunately,
I do not have such a machine available to trace the problems, and the
code seems ok for me. I do not know much about PPC, but

| /bin/sh: line 1: 18778 Killed ensc_use...

on i386/x86_64 would indicate problems with the OOM kernel killer.

It would be nice when somebody with a PPC box could repeat the checks
('make check') and look where and why they are failing. Dunno, whether
gdb works but place of error can be determined by adding something like

| printf("%s:%u\n", __FILE__, __LINE__)

to lib/testsuite/personality.c below the variable declarations of the
TEST_PF2T() and TEST_LIST() macros. Single checks can be repeated by

| $ make check # generates the binaries
| $ ./lib/testsuite/personality # should not cause any output
| $ gdb ./lib/testsuite/personality

TIA
Enrico