Re: [Vserver] PPC build failure of util-vserver

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon 31 Oct 2005 - 20:35:30 GMT

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 08:34:06PM +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as you can see in
>
> http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-development-extras/349-util-vserver-0.30.209-2.fc5/ppc/build.log
>
> two check of util-vserver 0.30.209 are failing on a PPC machine. AFAIR
> same happened once for 0.30.208 but succeeded suddenly. Unfortunately,
> I do not have such a machine available to trace the problems, and the
> code seems ok for me. I do not know much about PPC, but
>
> | /bin/sh: line 1: 18778 Killed ensc_use...
>
> on i386/x86_64 would indicate problems with the OOM kernel killer.

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/MANDRAKE/util-vserver-0.30.209-1mdk.src.rpm

involves just a small patch which disables the addr_limit_3gb
tests, as they did never work on mandrake (because of the
missing flag)

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/MANDRAKE/delta-0.30.208-tsfix.diff.bz2

PASS: lib/testsuite/cflags
PASS: lib/testsuite/personality
PASS: lib/testsuite/fmt
PASS: lib/testsuite/parselimit
PASS: src/testsuite/vunify-functest
PASS: src/testsuite/chcontext-test
PASS: src/testsuite/chbind-test
PASS: src/testsuite/vunify-test.sh
PASS: src/testsuite/hashcalc.sh
PASS: ensc_vector/testsuite/test1
PASS: ensc_vector/testsuite/test2
PASS: lib_internal/testsuite/filecfg-ml
PASS: lib_internal/testsuite/copy-check
PASS: lib_internal/testsuite/sigbus
All 14 tests passed

and compiled fine (and works fine) on my ppc laptop

maybe it is a compiler/fc* issue?

HTH,
Herbert